European GNUstep Developer's Meeting
|Revision as of 08:28, 25 May 2007
Hns (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 08:29, 25 May 2007
Hns (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
|# Quentin Mathé||# Quentin Mathé|
|# Riccardo Mottola||# Riccardo Mottola|
|-||# Richard Frith-Macdonald- most probably not||+||# Richard Frith-Macdonald - interested, but most probably not|
|# Roland Schwingel||# Roland Schwingel|
|# Sašo Kiselkov||# Sašo Kiselkov|
Revision as of 08:29, 25 May 2007
What it is about
During FOSDEM 2007 it was felt that we need a separate GNUstep developer's meeting so that we all have the time to go through ideas, discuss, present, decide, plan future aspects without being in three places at the same time.
A thread started on the discussion list http://groups.google.de/group/gnu.gnustep.discuss/browse_frm/thread/852d2f0686d1e64e/cf6d877685630896?lnk=st&q=%22hns%40computer.org%22+OR+%22hns%40dsitri.de%22&rnum=1&hl=de#cf6d877685630896 shows a lot of interest in such a meeting.
So, let's make nails with heads and have GSFun, GSHack and maybe GSHike!
to be defined
- St-Gervais les Bains (Bettex) - chalet up to 12 persons
- near Bergamo - location to be defined by requirements
- Sarentino - to be verified
- Freiburg area
- Switzerland (Emmental?)
We hope that we can keep accomodation cost low.
To reduce travel cost, we can try to do car sharing.
Some sponsorship for accommodation support for students and other participants who demand that would be welcome!
Weekend in September
something like Sat 15:00 - Sun 15:00
Everybody who thinks he/she can contribute to the development of GNUstep is welcome!
(Please add yourself or write a note to gnustep.discuss)
- Fred Kiefer
- Gerold Rupprecht
- Gürkan Sengün
- Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
- M J Ray
- Nicolas Roard
- Nikolaus Schaller
- Quentin Mathé
- Riccardo Mottola
- Richard Frith-Macdonald - interested, but most probably not
- Roland Schwingel
- Sašo Kiselkov
to be finalized
- Collection of Topics to discuss and fix the GSAgenda based on wishes from the GSRealParticipants
- Planning for FOSDEM 2008
- Demonstrations, Talks, Discussions, Fun
Topics from the mail discussion:
- how to make/plan/verify new releases
- news on Cairo backend
- SimpleWebKit status, issues, missing parts in GNUstep Base and GUI
- how to attract new developers and users?
- organization for FOSDEM 2008 + participation in other OSS / Linux events?
- how to handle ObjC-2.0 and new features of OS X 10.5?
If the selected location permits: private extension of the stay for e.g. hiking tours...
- Hacking session(s)