European GNUstep Developer's Meeting
1st. "AlpenStep" / GNUstep EDM: What it is about
During FOSDEM 2007 it was felt that we need a separate GNUstep developer's meeting so that we all have the time to go through ideas, discuss, present, decide, plan future aspects without being in three places at the same time.
A thread started on the discussion list http://groups.google.de/group/gnu.gnustep.discuss/browse_frm/thread/852d2f0686d1e64e/cf6d877685630896 shows a lot of interest in such a meeting.
So, let's make nails with heads and have GSFun, GSHack and maybe GSHike!
to be defined
- St-Gervais les Bains (Bettex) - chalet up to 12 persons (dropped in favor of Les Marecottes)
- near Bergamo - location to be defined by requirements
- Sarentino - to be verified
- Freiburg area
- Switzerland (Emmental?)
- Switzerland CH-1923 Les Marécottes
We hope that we can keep accomodation cost low.
To reduce travel cost, we can try to do car sharing.
A lot of sponsorship for accommodation support for students and other participants who have demand would be very welcome!
The workshop is scheduled for
1. September - 2. September
Sat 15:00 - Sun 15:00
Everybody who thinks he/she can contribute to the development of GNUstep is welcome!
Note: development is more than coding - it includes bug reporting, documentation, etc.
(Please add yourself or write a note to gnustep.discuss)
- Fred Kiefer -to be confirmed
- Gerold Rupprecht -confirmed
- Gürkan Sengün -confirmed
- Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
- M J Ray
- Nicolas Roard
- Nikolaus Schaller -confirmed
- Quentin Mathé
- Riccardo Mottola -to be confirmed
- Richard Frith-Macdonald - interested, but most probably not
- Roland Schwingel
- Sašo Kiselkov
to be finalized
- Collection of Topics to discuss and fix the GSAgenda based on wishes from the GSRealParticipants
- Planning for FOSDEM 2008
- Demonstrations, Talks, Discussions, Fun
Topics from the mail discussion:
- how to make/plan/verify new releases
- news on Cairo backend
- SimpleWebKit status, issues, missing parts in GNUstep Base and GUI
- how to attract new developers and users?
- organization for FOSDEM 2008 + participation in other OSS / Linux events?
- how to handle ObjC-2.0 and new features of OS X 10.5?
- Hacking session(s)
If the selected location permits: private extension of the stay for e.g. hiking tours...