GNUstep Live CD
There are several efforts to create Live CDs of GNUstep
GNUSTEP Live CD
of Gürkan Sengün, Version 1.0 released on November 6, 2006
- Some Apps can't be started from GWorkspace, instead openapp <MyApplication> is required
- Cynthiune.app, DBModeler.app, Gorm.app, Lynkeos.app, ProjectCenter.app, Scheme.app, UL.app
- Some windows (for instance in DBModeler.app) can't be accessed since the title bar is offscreen (a seasoned gnustepper knows how to fix this but what about the newbees?)
- Some menus behave oddly
- Sometimes a PS/2 mouse isn't recognized (differs from boot time to boot time on the same hardware)
Bugs reported by Fred Kiefer:
- It took a long time to start up, during this it tried to get a network connection via DHCP and also prepared the nfonts. I think the first should be switched off and the fonts preprepared.
- Your computer is very slow? Run a DHCP server in the network? Hm yeah maybe the prepreparation is a good idea, wonder how...
- There were no names on the dock icons, making it hard to realise what they were standing for.
- I can fix that, exit wmaker, and it writes different WMState
- The fonts didn't display white space.
- Can you provide a screenshot for this?
- There were no colour schemas predefined.
- Can you provide the schemas and tell where they get on the filesystem?
- it should be obvious how to install GNUSTEP on HD from within the Live CD (ideally by employing a GUI based wizard)
- I've got a text file on how to do it, what about you write an installer?
- Can you mail me that file? How much is the effort needed to build such an installer (roundabout)?