GNUstep release procedure
Steps for releasing the GNUstep core libraries (as well as others):
1. Make sure news.texi and ReleaseNotes.gsdoc files are updated
2. Update the 'Version' file with the new version
3. Update the documentation and release notes in the main directory:
cd Documentation make clean; make; make regenerate
4. Add a line in the ChangeLog, like:
'* Version 1.10.0' as well.
and commit the changed files.
5. Tag the release
6. Make a source distribution
7. Administrative stuff (scripts that I use to make this easier are in brackets):
- Make RPMS or whatever [gstep-distribute]
- Sign the packages [gstep-sign]
- Upload packages to ftp.gnustep.org [gstep-update, gstep-upload]
- Install the documentation and copy it to the web repository [update_documentation]
- Update the index.html and resources/downloads.php pages with the news.
- Commit the web repository.
- Make an announcement on email@example.com, etc
Note: gstep-distribute, gstep-update: must be run as root/sudo
If the packages are used by the GNUstep umbrella package (runtime or development environment), then the ubrella package should be released too.
It is desired that the release is made from SVN checkout. The release should correspond to a tagged state in the SVN.
Also it is required that all release test passed. If not, the release should not be created. For more information about the tests see Quality assurance.
Follow standard versioning guidelines.