KoKit is a framework collection, that extends the functionality of GNUstep's Foundation and AppKit. Basically it's a collection of classes we use repeatedly, so instead of adding the source again and again, we decided to create KoKit.
It currently consists of the following frameworks:
- KoBase is the low-lewel framework in the KoKit framework collection. It provides some simple to use debugging aids, instance counting to discover and track memory leaks, and functions for easy C string manipulation.
- KoFoundation is an extension to GNUstep's Foundation framework. It adds additional containers, such as LIFO (stack) and FIFO (queue), search algorithms, an abstract class for BSD sockets and more.
- KoAppKit is an extension to GNUstep's AppKit framework. It contains a collection of useful extensions and widgets that make GUI development a bit easier.
- KoCrypt provides a collection of classes of cryptographic algorithms and categories for quick and easy access.
- KoNet is a collection of classes that deal with BSD socket programming.