|Revision as of 17:34, 27 October 2006
Cbv (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 10:10, 26 November 2006
Dinoex (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|currentversion = [http://oolite.aegidian.org/download.shtml 1.65] |||currentversion = [http://oolite.aegidian.org/download.shtml 1.65] ||
|-||releasedate = Unknown |||+||releasedate = Aug 31, 2006 ||
|license = [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/ Creative Commons License] |||license = [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/ Creative Commons License] ||
Revision as of 10:10, 26 November 2006
Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite
Current Version: 1.65
- Released: Aug 31, 2006
- Licensed: Creative Commons License
Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite, powered by Objective-C and OpenGL, and designed as a small game that is easy for users to pick up, modify and expand upon. Almost every aspect of the game can be changed by using simple, free graphics packages and text-editors.
Originally written for Mac OS X, and under continuous development for over three years. Oolite is available for Mac OS X (10.3.9 and higher), Windows XP, and Unices. It requires at least a 400MHz processor, 256Mb of memory, and a graphics card capable of accelerating OpenGL graphics.
Oolite features a new high-resolution collision engine, new equipment and graphics, and many improvements to gameplay.
- High resolution collision detection.
- More new equipment for players to add to their ships.
- External views of the player's ship.
- Scooped escape pods now pay rewards and ransoms for their rescue.
- Many enhancements to the graphics, explosions and data screens.
- Improvements to the intelligence of AI opponents and expanded scripting.
- Many bugfixes and improvements to gameplay.