The GNUstep project is being developed by many individuals from all around the world, and this page lists all means of participating in the development and communicating with the developers.
The most important things for the GNUstep developer to know are:
- The bug tracker
- Using Subversion to access the source-code repository
- The mailing lists to communicate with other developers
- The tasks tracker for things that need to be done
Some other places might be relevant, though they seem to be rarely used and might be deprecated at some point in the future:
You can sign up for the following mailing lists to ask questions and get answers. GNUstep mailing lists are being archived and made searchable, just click on the links below. Alternatively, most of them are also archived at Nabble and GMANE. You can also post questions there which will get forwarded to the corresponding mailing list.
The most relevant lists are:
- This is the most active list for all general discussions and questions. We also would like to hear about ideas for applications for the GNUstep environment and related issues.
- This mailing list has been established to keep the noise low when it comes to core topics and generally boring discussions about technical aspects of GNUstep.
- A mailing list for submitting bug reports and patches. Reports filed in the bug tracker are also sent here.
- For infos and announcements related to GNUstep libraries and applications.
- For discussions related to GNUstep applications.
- For help with GNUstep libraries and applications. This list is rarely read, so it is better to use discuss-gnustep.
- For comments and discussions about GNUstep web pages.
Some, but not all, GNUstep developers can also be reached through IRC:
Server: irc.freenode.net (or irc.gnu.org or irc.debian.org, same network)
Connect to the network and type /join #GNUstep or click on this direct link: irc://irc.freenode.net/gnustep.
GMANE carries the GNUstep mailinglists by NNTP
- comp.lang.objective-c* : The Objective-C language and environment.
- gnu.gnustep.announce* : Info and announcements (Moderated)
- gnu.gnustep.bug* : Bug reports for gnustep.
- gnu.gnustep.discuss* : Discussion of gnustep.
- gnu.gnustep.help* : Requests for help with gnustep.