Application News 2006
(Difference between revisions)
December 11th, 2006
- Gregory Casamento has accepted the position of GNUstep Maintainer. He has detailed his plans for change as well.
December 1st, 2006
- Tryst version 1.0.8.pl4
- Fixed a bug that would report addresses multiple times; TBrowser now correctly displays all addresses.
November 20, 2006
- Grouch.app version 20061120 released
- This release fixes interoperability issues with unicode encoded messages.
November 17, 2006
- Tryst version 1.0.8.pl3
- Minor fixes and code clean-up, added missing method documentation.
November 10, 2006
- From the article: The popularity of OS X among geeks in recent years has led to a lot more people discovering OpenStep through Cocoa. GNUstep provides a much-needed Free Software alternative, as David Chisnall explains.
November 8, 2006
- RemoteDesk.app initial version 0.1 released
November 6, 2006
- GNUstep Live CD has hit version 1.0
- Many bugfixes, built on top of Debian, includes Emacs.app and Mac OS X .nib compatibility.
November 5, 2006
- Price.app version 0.8.1 released
- Bugfixes, Mac OS X and GUstep version now share the same codebase and color equalization is now possible on the luminance channel, in addition to RGB.
September 30, 2006
- Adun version 0.6 released
- PhotoClip.app version 0.2.5 released
- Adds lossless JPEG transformation, keybindings and bug fixes. (Download)
September 25, 2006
- GNUMail version 1.2.0pre2 released
- This pre-release introduces lots of new features, bug fixes, major refactorings, speed and usability improvements. (Download)
September 15, 2006
- Grouch version 20060915 released
- This release includes preliminary preferences panel, other fixes. (Download)
September 14, 2006
- GNUstep Database Library 2 Package version 0.10.1 released
- This release includes many bug fixes and partial rewrites of existing implementations and should be more robust that the previous release. (Download)
September 11, 2006
- GNUstep example programs version 1.1.0 released
- Sample programs and class demonstrations to mess around with :). (Download)
- GNUstep Startup version 0.16.0 released
- This is the package to download if you want to install all 4 core GNUstep packages. Updated included library versions. (Download, Announcement)
September 08, 2006
- JIGS version 1.5.6 in SVN
- New advanced support for exposing enumeration: the wrapper tool can now recognize and parse enumeration declarations in the Objective-C header files, so it automatically maps them to ints, and upon request can expose any enumeration you want using static Java constants in a class.
September 02, 2006
- Tryst version 1.0.8.pl1
- Patches added, that fix a bug with respect to monitoring TXT updates and add IPv6 support for Solaris and FreeBSD.
- Adam Fedor announced the opening of a new project website, intended for people to put GNUstep-related frameworks and applications without having to sign a copyright assignment form to the FSF.
August 31, 2006
August 30, 2006
- GWorkspace 0.8.3 released
August 29, 2006
- Gorm 1.1.0 released
- Working Nib support! Please note that only 10.2.x and later nibs are supported by this. Notes about how to convert older nibs are available on the portability page.
- (Download, release notes)
- This release includes several bugfixes to art and xlib and some work done on the GDI interface by Christopher Armstrong. Support for keyed encoding has been added to all gui classes and Nib loading as well as RTFD read and write support has been implemented. For the most part, nibs are (or should be) compatible between GNUstep and Mac OS X. Additionally, better support for color schemes and themes has been added. In the near future theming should be integrated into gui itself.
- (Download GUI, GUI release notes, Download Backend, Backend release notes)
August 28, 2006
- Several classes added that deal with URL and predicate handling, including a few minor API changes. The new Make package features some work done on MingW plus some DLL trickery. You have to rebuild all your applications (except when using MingW) when you switch to this version!
- (Download Base, Base release notes, Download Make, Make release notes)
August 23, 2006
- IMImage Inspector released
- New article on Subversion
- Goes over the basics of how to work with the GNUstep SVN repository.
|Date||Application and Link||Version||Short description|
|30. Jun 2006||Tryst||108||proof of concept implementation of Apple's Bonjour|
|29. Jun 2006||Tryst||108pre3||proof of concept implementation of Apple's Bonjour|
|08. Jun 2006||Tryst||108pre2||proof of concept implementation of Apple's Bonjour|
|03. Jun 2006||Tryst||108pre1||proof of concept implementation of Apple's Bonjour|
|20. May 2006||Gorm||1.0.8||Graphical Object Relationship Modeller|
|30. Apr 2006||Price||0.8.0||Precision Raster Image Convolution Engine|
|21. Apr 2006||GSKrab||0.0.1||A GNUstep Keyboard Grabber|
|08. Apr 2006||Gorm||1.0.6||Graphical Object Relationship Modeller|
|31. Mar 2006||Cynthiune||0.9.5||Romantic music player|
|23. Mar 2006||GWorkspace||0.8.2||GNUstep Workspace Manager|
|06. Mar 2006||GWorkspace||0.8.1||GNUstep Workspace Manager|
|03. Mar 2006||Ticker||(first release)||RSS monitor|
|02. Mar 2006||ImgGeoRef||0.1||Application for geo-referencing an image|
|01. Mar 2006||PhotoClip||0.2.4||Simple editor for digital photos|
|22. Feb 2006||Étoilé||0.1||GNUstep-based user environment|
|15. Feb 2006||Tryst||107pre5||proof of concept implementation of Apple's Bonjour|
|15. Feb 2006||KoBase||0.3.2||Low-level framework|
|09. Feb 2006||Grouch||(currently snapshot only)||AOL Instant Messenger client|
|08. Feb 2006||NoteBook||0.3||Store and organize your notes|
|25. Jan 2006||Gorm||1.0.4||Graphical Object Relationship Modeller|
|15. Jan 2006||ProjectCenter||0.4.3||Officical GNUstep IDE|
|15. Jan 2006||42||0.1.0||A graph based database backend|
|08. Jan 2006||WildMenus||modified by Jiva DeVoe||Horizontal Menus|
|04. Jan 2006||DIMVisual||0.2||Data Integrated Model for Visualization|